GERMANY ~ AUSTRIA ~ SWITZERLAND
samantha.barnett@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 3: OHHHHH, WE'RE HALFWAY THERE!


Ahhh 3 weeks in!! And i am literally livin on a prayer so i feel like the subject line is very acceptable...To be honest I am really nervous to leave the MTC. I love it here! To think that i have to leave my little bubble in 3 weeks is soo scary, but i am excited about what the future holds! Haha so I have like no time to write this week so im just going to write about the highlights :)

Wednesday was a pretty normal day, something exciting that happened was singing "I know that my Redeemer Lives" in German to the whole MTC! that was so cool.

Thursday was probably the best day of the week. We got to go see the church historical sites and it was sooo cool! It was awesome to kind of get a feel of what its going to be like in the field. all the weird looks/stares, the people looking at your badge and immediately looking down and walking in the other direction, etc lol. Getting out of the MTC was soo nice. And learning about the church in England was incredible. I had no idea how much history was here! So we played ultimate frisbee that day for sport and i clashed with one of my teachers and i have a MASSIVE bruise on my left arm (as you all will see in the pictures) haha but it was so much fun. Also we had the best lesson EVER that day. We actually grasped the concept of teaching with the spirit. Even though our German is garbage, i felt the spirit sooo strong. it was such a testimony builder of how the spirit does all the teaching, you are just a mouthpiece. I strayed a lot from my notes and just spoke what i felt to her, and it was amazing when i heard myself making sense and understood what she was saying. AHH i live for days like that.

Companions- England Countryside


Picture Perfect Preston! 





Sister Richards from Whales





All of the Brits were making fun of the Americans for their obsession over the RED PHONE BOOTHS!

50 plus Missionaries hit the streets!~




Friday was ehh... I got really overwhelmed because my teacher started teaching us DEEP doctrine and i wasnt getting any of it. it was hard because i felt like i knew nothing about this gospel in english, and how am i supposed to teach people in german!? It was just one of those days i guess! But here in the England MTC, those days dont last long :)

Favorite Teacher Elder "Ladkey" and also her arch nemesis at Ultimate Frisbee

She says, "Ultimate Frisbee got a little competitive, so what else is new?"  :) - bruise from her teacher!!!  hahahaha


Sundays here are honestly the greatest. Like i wish everyone could live 1 sunday in the MTC. They are the most spiritual and uplifting days EVER!! Just what you need after a busy week. We had fast and testimony meeting and talk about a strong spirit... I got up and bore my testimony and just looking out at a congregation of missionaries does something to you. The people here are incredible and their testimonies are GOLDEN. Relief society was again, just what i needed. We talked about self worth. We read my favorite scripture Ether 12:27 and we talked about the difference between humility and doubt. it was just perfect!! We watched a video on Thomas S. Monsons life and I had such a greater appreciation for our amazing prophet. Then we had another devoitonal and it was David A. Bednars talk on beng a preach my gospel missionary. That really hit home for me too... After we walked to the temple and took pictures with all the english speaking missionaries that will be leaving this week. I am SO sad about that we are all like a big family and more than half of the family is leaving tomorrow..  It was just an amazing day all around :)
Yesterday was great we had crazy lessons on German but i actually understood a lot of it so BOO YAH were getting somewhere.

Today we went to the temple and i played basketball for 2 hours straight so pretty much the best day everr haha!

Ballin with my favorite elders  (left: my district leader Elder Whittaker Right: his comp elder Tunnicliffe - they are both from England) 

My cute roomies- 3 left to the Birmingham mission this morning :(( 

Gordon B. Hinckley's house that he stayed in on his mission (SO AMAZING)



I know i say it in every email, but i will continue to say it for 18 months because it is so true... I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. Yes its hard, yes there are times where i dont think i can do it, but what keeps me going is a loving heavenly father who reminds me daily how much he loves me and why i'm here. i love this gospel and i cant wait to share it to the people the lord has prepared for me to teach.

Thank you all for the emails i love you guys so much! Have an amazing week!!!


Love,
Sister Barnett

Candids:

HER ALPINE SISTERS! 

Just like HOME!



District Leader and favorite Elder Whittaker from England

On a Mish, expect the unexpected!  "Sister Leonard hittin a major Dab'!"


OH I forgot to send you this 2 weeks ago hahaha this is elder walker and he reminds me soooo much of dal face!!! 


Awkwardly posing with an elder...still don't know how to do it😂 (sister Schulz - below - my favorite and Elder O'Hare my favorite elder) they both leave tomorrow...... 


Elder O'Hare and Sister Schultz


Sister McEwan from home (LP)  just headed out! She will be the best missionary... the sweetest spirit you have ever met. I love this girl more than words 

TAG PIC:    Reppin the Bro's Mission Adelaide Australia today :)






No comments:

Post a Comment