GERMANY ~ AUSTRIA ~ SWITZERLAND
samantha.barnett@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 19, 2016

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK ALOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

What a fun week!! It really is starting to feel like Christmas with all the decorations getting set up everywhere! It is so amazing here at Christmas time, I still cant believe I'm here!



So on Tuesday we taught Maguy the 3rd lesson and it was going really good! I led the lesson so that was cool as well haha. We went through all of the points and we got to baptism and everything was just feeling so right and she was agreeing with everything we were saying so I asked her if she would be baptized on January 7 aaaannnndddd...... she said she had already been baptized!!!! My heart just sank haha - But she said she was baptized in the 7th Day Adventist Church and so she was confused as to why she needed to be baptized again. So I explained to her that it needed to be by the priesthood authority and it was really cool to be able to explain that to her. She doesn't understand the priesthood very well so we retaught her that and she said "ooohhhhh okay that makes sense now!!" haha So it was a little bit of a let down but all in all it ended up okay, She is going to pray about the priesthood and about the restoration again and then we are going to see where it goes from there!

Wednesday was our CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE!!! It was so much fun I got to see a lot of old friends! some of my mtc group was there and so it was so fun to get to catch up with them! Also Sister Rasmussen (Katie who was my girl before the mish) was there and it was so good to see her aka have someone be taller than me lol. it was a fun time with fun people and super good german food. just a super fun day :)
RIVALS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT - SISTER ON THE MISH!  SISTER RASMUSSEN PLAYED FOR AF



PRESTON ENGLAND MTC COMPS

SISTER CHURCH ANOTHER MTC COMP


Thursday we visited a less actives house and she has about a million cats. I honestly don't think she has even 1 litter box sooo right as we opened the door it was like cat pee in your face and she had the heat CRANKED up so it was literally like walking into a pee flavored sauna... that's the best way i can describe it hahaha sorry for the details but it was nastyyy. We had a good lesson with her (and her rambunctious new kitten) about Christmas so that was good -  but to be honest I couldn't wait to get out of that house haha i was dying! again, the adventures of being a missionary lol!

Friday we went to a member's house and made ginger bread houses for refugee children! I am the worst at anything craftsy/cute soooo i hope i don't offend anyone with my terrible decorating skills... it was still fun though :)

Sunday was great - we went to church and i got to know some of the ward members a little better and then we went to Schwester Mullers house for lunch and she fed us Maultaschen which is in my top 3 favorite german foods so that was soooo amazing!. That night we went to a Christmas Conference our stake was holding and i got to sing What Child Is This with some ladies in my ward and the missionaries in our zone sang O Come O Come Emanuel and there were some other really good music pieces that people performed  -it was so fun!!

Today we went to the Weihnachtsmarkt in Esslingen and it was fantastic!  We ate some wurst and roasted almonds and bought some Christmas stuff and yeah it was a good time! Christmas is right around the corner and i am sooo excited!!!


This week my favorite quote has been "when God pushes you to the edge of difficulty, trust him fully because 2 things can happen; Either He'll catch you when you fall or He'll teach you how to fly." I honestly have never agreed with anything more in my life. My mission has taught me that God really IS always there for us, even when we don't think he is and He will NEVER let us fall. We need to trust Him! Everything will all work out the way its supposed to.

 I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas time! I love you all and am so grateful for each of you! 

Love
Sister Samantha Barnett
Gartenstrasse 9/1
72074 Tübingen
Deutschland





WITH SISTER HOFMOCKEL FEEDING PIGEONS IN THE PARK! :)


BORROWING SISTER HOFMOCKELS HAIR NET?

THESE TWO PEAS IN A POD

SAM SAYS THAT THEY WENT KLINGELING (RINGING BELLS)
AND  SAW THAT THE LAST NAME TEUFEL AUF DEUTSCH MEANS DEVIL :0

No comments:

Post a Comment