GERMANY ~ AUSTRIA ~ SWITZERLAND
samantha.barnett@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

WEEK 10: IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS PEOPLE!

10-24-2016

This week flew by! It's been a good week, LOTS of rejection, but we make it fun here in St. Gallen :)

Tuesday we had district meeting and it was way good! I taught the plan of salvation in the worst mix of german and English you've ever heard  (we call it danglisch hahaha) ... it was good practice though :) after that we went finding as a district in Kreuzlingen for 3 hours. We got rejected left and right haha people looked at our tags and put their heads down and just plowed through us when we tried to stop them. To be honest I just laughed most of the time! We couldn't even get the words "wir sind missionare" out. It was great :))) That night we went to the Müller families house for dinner and they are such great people. I'm telling you the members here are the greatest I am so blessed! They speak great english but they told me, "We want you to understand everything, but we also want you to learn so we will speak slow german for you..." hahaha such great people.


Wednesday was a learning day for me... we had our day totally planned out and EVERYTHING fell through. We had to drop one of our investigators as well because he isn't responding to our calls and is never home when we go to his house. That day would have been very easy to be miserable, BUT only if I chose to be. I looked for the little things that would make me giggle and I would count that as a success for the day. Even though yes it sucked big time, there were so many little things that made the day great. Like sister stamp running into a wall😂 but even that was enough! And we HAVE to look for those things! Life is hard, but it would be a lot less hard if we don't focus on the negative. Which trust me, I'm very good at doing hahaha. I just have to remember that our attitude determines out altitude in this life!

Thursday was the most amazing day I've had on the mission so far. We had the most amazing thing happen! We got on a bus and it was super crowded, there were only 2 seats available and so sister stamp and i went and sat in them. The woman accross from us was staring hard core at me and so I just smiled and looked away but she wouldn't stop staring haha. I realized later she was staring at my tag... All the sudden she blurts out "Jesus Christ? Schön!" (Which means beautiful in german) and my mouth just dropped hahaha I was like you have got to be kidding me NO ONE has ever liked our name tags before let alone commented on them!! She explained that right as we sat down she knew we were messengers from God. She could feel it when we sat down! She loves God and has a super strong testimony and we exchanged contact details and are meeting with her on wednesday! Oh my gosh I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day....

Friday was another one of those "could be miserable" days haha. We went finding in the pouring rain and it was crazy! But we had some really good conversations and gave out 2 book of Mormon so it was really good!

Saturday, everything fell through again. We did a lot of running around but no one was home! We called everyone on our less active list and 3 people answered sooo yeah BUT again it's the little things... that day we passed an apple tree and they were the BEST apples I've ever had!  So boo yah! Day Made :) and it was gorgeous where we were going- so another boo yah!

B E S T APPLES EVERRRRRRRR!


Sunday we watched the last bit of General Conference and it was in German this time which was rough but it was still super amazing! I love Conference. We went to a members home after for lunch and taught about the importance of General Conference and Prophets and it was so great. I love our amazing prophet and the fact that he receives revelation for us today.

I hope everyone had a great week!
Remember..... IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS!

Sister Samantha Barnett
Ackerstrasse 5,
9000 St. Gallen
Switzerland
1. Your favorite German Sister 

I'M IN LOVE WITH SWITZERLAND!!!!!!!


Sister Stamp

AMAZED AT WHAT IS AROUND ME - IT LOOKS LIKE UTAH!
FOR MY MOMMA!!!
PIG KNUCKLES?  

I can't believe with her gag reflex that she ate this!  Pig Knuckles?

View from a Member's house

This week's TAG PIC

Had to take a pic of the street sign - Bellevue Washington is where our Grandma lives!


3. A Jason Shamy wanna be pic😂

KISSES FROM THE BAHN (TRAIN)

OH I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!!!!! SISTER SAM IN SWITZERLAND :)

No comments:

Post a Comment