GERMANY ~ AUSTRIA ~ SWITZERLAND
samantha.barnett@myldsmail.net

Saturday, November 12, 2016

WEEK 11: BERN TEMPLE, KEBABS AND BOWLING

10-31-2016

Another week already gone! I cant believe how fast time is flying... This week was great!!

One Monday we went to a personal trainer guy in our ward with the elders and he had us do a "natural work out" meaning that we do work outs that our bodies are designed to do I guess... lets just say that we were sore until Friday hahaha it was so much fun to get back in a gym!! We went to a family named the Back's that night and had family home evening with them. We taught them about how Christ should be the center of our lives and when we put him first, everything else will fall into place! It was a great lesson, I loved teaching that and remembering how important that is!

Tuesday wasn't the best day ever... haha we went finding pretty much all day and maybe spoke to 2 people. Not a whole bunch happened but it was another day as a missionary so all in all it was good :)
Wednesday was INCREDIBLE! We met with Jennifer (the amazing woman who commented on my tag on the bus.) We taught her the 1st lesson about the Restoration. She was very receptive to everything we were saying, It's so nice how open she is. She was telling us how it all made sense and how she loved the book of mormon and felt good when reading it. The spirit was so strong in that lesson and I know that she could feel it. at the end of the lesson we asked her to be baptized when she knows that our message is true and she said YES!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh it was amazing... I am so excited to see her grow in the gospel and gain a testimony! We are praying for a date for her now. She has problems with smoking and knows its bad and really wants to quit, so we taught her a little bit about the word of wisdom and are going to help her quit smoking too! Ahhh I love this work!!!

Thursday was TEMPLE DAY!!!!
BERN SWITZERLAND TEMPLE!!!

SISTER STAMP & SISTER BARNETT

We went to the Bern Switzerland temple and I cant put into words how amazing it was. we have to ride a train 3 hours to get there so its an all day thing. If you are serving in Switzerland you get to go to the temple once a transfer so it is a HUGE privledge that we got to go! I was hoping the session would be in German so I could hear the English translation and try and pick up the German vocab, but the session was in French so that was interesting... haha still so amazing though. Aaaaannnddd guess who we ran into..... SISTER JENSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my mtc comp from germany) haha I bawled my eyes out when I saw her we probably hugged for 2 minutes straight!! I love that girl to pieces it was so nice to see a familiar face and get to catch up about the last month!
SISTER JENEN - MTC COMP!
 After that we got kababs which is a tradition apparently and they were delish. then we sprinted to catch our train because we were late, but seriously one of the best days ever!!


KEBABS!! :)



Friday we met with a ward member named Judith. she has had a rough year, her husband passed away from cancer. we showed her the Mormon Message called The Will of God about how Heavenly Father is our gardener and sometimes he needs to chop us down in order for us to grow into what he needs us to be. I love that video.... it was really perfect to share with her and she got teary watching it. She has such a sweet spirit and it was so great to visit with her and remind her how much her Heavenly Father loves her. After that though we went finding and talked to a Russian man who believes that he is the only perfect person on the planet so that was just great :)))) haha I couldn't understand a whole lot of the conversation but I just kind of stood there and smiled and giggled when I did understand something because it was pretty funny.

Saturday we spent the whole day doing service at a ward members house (the eggenbergers :) in their garden and it was so much fun!!

Sunday was crazy good.... President Uchtdorf's son came and spoke to us!!!!!!! So amazing. His name is Guido Uchtdorf and he definitely has the power of an uchtdorf.... his talk was insane the whole room just felt intense hahaha. His talk really hit home for me, he spoke about how sometimes we don't need to know the why to everything, we just do it becuase we know it's right. To stop questioning everything about the gospel, to just live it because we know it's true and to break it down to the bare essentials. I can't do it justice by summarizing it, but it truly was so amazing and I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to hear it... and in german!! Haha :) 
With Guido Uchtdorf and Sister Stamp

This week my testimony of personal scripture study really grew. I absolutely love the scriptures, and before my mission to be completely honest, I didn't. But because I have read in them every day for 9 weeks straight, I feel like I couldn't go a day without them. It truly is putting on the whole armor of God each day, and it is so important for us to have that. I feel such a power when I start my day reading the Book of Mormon, there is nothing like it! I have such a strong testimony of the book of mormon IT IS TRUE!

I love you all and appreciate all the prayers and support they are truly felt! Have an amazing week! :) AND A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! (enjoy it for me, they don't celebrate it in Switzerland😣


Sister Samantha Barnett
Ackerstrasse 5,
9000 St. Gallen
Switzerlandonth!!


Pday Gorgeousnes!  :)  High Bun, so fun!

Bowlin and Mickey D's after!


JUDTH HAS A HAMPSTER - SAM IS IN HEAVEN!  SUCH AN ANIMAL LOVER!





SAM SAYS SHE FEELS LIKE A GIANT EVER SINGLE DAY SO FAR

THEY HAVE WIFI ON THE TRAINS, READING EMAILS FROM HOME!!!!!



SHE FEELS BAD BEING IN THE "LAND OF HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE" BECAUSE SHE'S NOT THAT INTO IT. BUT THIS TOBLERONE CAUGHT HER EYE!



No comments:

Post a Comment